What we can learn from Qin ShengYi (Flourished Peony)

‎I'm currently half way through Flourished Peony, when I started watching it, what I loved the most was how it showed empowerment but from a different perspective.
‎So many C-dramas show the heroine always being saved by the hero at every point but this one also gives her the ability and time to see through things and know that she's able to do a lot.
‎When ShengYi (WuEr) came into the picture, she seemed cold and unhelpful then we find out she is in fact just trying to help MuDan.
‎She saved MuDan, MuDan also saved her by helping her get a divorce from her ruthless and evil husband but why couldn't she move on? Let everything go and find other parts to herself?
‎She had everything she needed to sustain herself, to be independent and free, to be able to choose but still chose him again.
‎As much as I'd hate to sound cliché, all this stems down to self-love. ShengYi was never thought how to love herself, she never knew independence was a choice, never had a strong role to look up to (we could see her family dynamics when she went back to visit, how the women were treated and how the men behaved), and just thought that her only identity was being someone's wife and mother, so other than that, she felt hopeless.
‎After her husband (I forgot the low life's name) collaborated with MuDan's ex-inlaws to ruin her, I wondered why MuDan still wanted her back but looking at it from both sides she understood her more than anyone could.
‎The time ShengYi's ex(?) talked about how no one knew she was always cold, MuDan knew, when he talked about all their worries claiming no one else would understand, her friends understood.
‎The main point of this post is if you don't give yourself the chance to be happy, you'll forever sabotage your efforts because you don't feel you're good enough.
‎ShengYi finally had enough and killed that wicked scumbag but she also took her own life. I wish she had a happy ending knowing that no matter what mistakes she made it wasn't her fault, it wasn't her choice to be from that family and have that life but she could still choose to set herself free.
‎ 
‎I know this is often said, but please let's all try to love ourselves. When I say we should love ourselves it doesn't mean we should selfishly hurt others to be happy but we should also know we're a priority and see ourselves as such.
‎We are human, we can't control everything but we have the right and the choice to choose so choose yourself.
‎Yours sincerely,
‎Queen Beela (Nabila Abubakar)
‎See you next time :)

Comments