Art x Tech Workshop (June)


‎Hey guys!

‎This is a post that should have been made a few days after this awesome workshop ended but unfortunately, that didn't happen + when I got time, I forgot.


‎Last month, I attended an art x tech workshop by Cavic and the Spanish Embassy. It was a four day workshop from the 24th to the 27th June 2026.


‎Now, that the main details are out of the way, I should write about how this shaped the way I started thinking, my business approach and how I viewed my craft.


‎As a software developer, artist, writer and Fashion designer (and Nurse), sometimes it's hard trying to explain how everything comes together, what you should do AND most importantly how this could SELL.


‎Ms. Marta spoke to us about projection mapping, coding and how this could still be combined using Ableton live. I've always been a lover of music, always singing and dancing (PS. I'm currently enrolled in a K-pop dance class), she taught me a lot on how technology could be mixed with music, to bring a concert alive and how this could also he blended in everyday life.


‎When it comes to life, everybody has their own individual experiences for things, and this is where I explain how everything I do is the right mix of combinations for lovely sensations.


‎Mr. David spoke about Music, Art and Virtual Reality in a way I didn't know could EXIST. Before, I always thought websites are websites, apps are apps, yes they do invoke emotions BUT I felt they were only like catalogues for describing things or explaining something yes they could be lovely but I never really thought that deeply about it.

‎He taught us on how life stories could be shown through the web using story lines that take us every the step of the way.


‎On the second day, we were asked to present our ideas, there were 26 of us and 25 ideas. There were so many incredible projects on what everyone did and how they wanted it to be. It would have been great to see everything unfold but unfortunately, the judges could only pick 5.


‎Although my idea wasn't chosen, it was a huge leap to able to present my idea. I got into an amazing team for one of the projects chosen where we started planning and that's where the mighty communication comes in.


‎Communication is an essential aspect of the human life; which is why we have different languages, methods of writing and ways of speaking. Ms. Faith gave us a lecture on how to better communicate, putting ourselves out there, understanding our type of communicator and what kind of communicator we should aspire to be.


‎We played a game where we had 2 minutes to talk in the group (you can't speak more than once) and then use another mode of communication. Some teams chose to use their phones, we chose mainly writing and for anything more like budgeting, we used our phones.

‎Then, we had to present in only 60 seconds and at that time, I felt like a rapper but oh, well.... I was able to rap my way 🌟. It was really fun although my heart was beating fast 😭


‎In the afternoon (this was on the third day), we began discussing how we should pitch our idea the next day. All our facilitators went through each group hearing what everyone has to say. I remember the first thing Mr. Lanre asked was what we wanted people to feel with our work.

‎Throughout the workshop, there was always an emphasis on emotion as this guides the way we perceive things (which I'll get into later).

‎We were discussing about the emotion and Mr. David said "how about we put them on a rollercoaster of emotions", I never thought about this before and Ms. Marta went over our discussion giving us insights.


‎On the last day, we got an awesome lecture on pitching by Dr. Lanre, this covered elevator pitching, perception and ideas. It was an impacting class where I got to see the true use of stories in public speaking and how to engage your audience. After which we got into pitching, unfortunately my team didn't get into the top 2, but I'm still immensely grateful for the experience and everything.



‎I wrote a short poem for cavic:

‎Cavic, what I never knew I needed,

‎Parting with you feels like parting with a friend I've known my whole life,

‎Though it wasn't long,

‎Your impact leaves an enormous trace in my life,

‎Thank you!


‎I will forever be immensely grateful to have been accepted into this wonderful workshop by CAVIC.

‎It was an incredible experience, I learnt a lot, met new people and formed a bond, in fact a deeper understanding of the world.


‎THE MAIN TAKEAWAY:

‎Everything can be felt, everything can be told, Everything can be sensed.


‎Thank you to CAVIC and to the Spanish Embassy for this wonderful workshop, Mr. Philip Egbese for putting it all together and always making sure we are all in the same space, Ms. Marta for her incredible teaching of coding and production, Mr. David for his awesome lecture on music, art and virtual reality, Ms. Faith for her lovely teaching on communication, how to get better and what to look for and Mr. Lanre for his amazing insights and exposure on pitching, how to go about it, key points and targets.


‎Thank you to everyone at CAVIC, it was a homely and welcoming experience. The atmosphere made me feel incredibly happy and I was greatly impacted!

‎Thank you to the lovely volunteers, to everyone I met and Cheers to the future and great things ahead.


‎I hope to see everyone in greater places πŸŒŸπŸŽ‰

‎Till next time,

‎Queen Beela πŸ’—

Comments