The Art of Rest

For some reason it's hard to find rest despite the fact I don't feel pressured by anybody or anything.
I just feel like resting and bit actively doing something puts more time between me and my max potential.

When you (or should I say I) know that the pressure doesn't come from without but within, it's a bit hard trying to convince yourself that binging your favourite series, watching games, or just lying in bad isn't bad (as long as it's in moderation).

Trying to remove the subtle thought that everything in life must be productive. But just enjoying it just because.

This month, I tried just resting, not coding for several hours a day, or researching, reading or doing something that seems "productuve" but just being me and having fun by myself in my own peace.

Others may not find rest from family or others, but I neither feel pressured from family not even from external factors. Just a young lady with her own thoughts trying to see how she could improve herself day by day.

But after taking time this month just enjoying myself, lying down, watching series, playing games and just being in my own space, I realized that nothing comes from constantly pressuring yourself and not letting yourself just be.

Hopefully this post will be a reminder for me to take things easy and slow and also to enjoy the process.

And also maybe for you too.



Wishing you more rest and less guilt about it,
Queen Beela (@Beela303)

Comments