Ethereal.
That's the word you used to describe me,
To describe the person you love.
But what does ethereal mean?
Is it a glowing halo?
A soft spot in the heart?
An enchanting voice?
A unique taste in music? Art?
Maybe even my fashion sense?
What do you even mean?
My attitude?
My character?
My passions?
I asked you to describe your love,
The ethereal aspects you said I were.
But you said everything is,
I asked you to list.
But you listed everything I hated,
As what you admired,
Loved,
And wanted to protect.
Ethereal.
The stupid feeling I realized I felt for you,
The feeling I tried to deny,
Reject and throw away.
Ethereal.
I wonder if it's because you love me that I love you.
I realized regardless of whether you know me,
Love me,
Or want to protect me,
YOU are ethereal to me,
Because I've never met anyone like you and would never.
Does that mean we're two ethereal beings tied together by a red love knot,
And sent here to find each other?
Maybe?
Maybe not?
We may just be drifting souls in the universe,
But two plays a part,
And company is a desirable feeling.
An ethereal feeling if you must.
____________________________________
Queen Beela (Nabila Abubakar | @beela303)
Comments
Post a Comment