Hope - Poem 31

Hope.

The light that destroys you,
The darkness that shows you the path,
A never ending acquaintance to keep you alive.

To keep you breathing,
Wanting,
Hoping,
Hope.....

A serene feeling that takes you away from death,
And may bring you back.

The feeling that makes you defy past decisions,
Wanting to stay,
Wanting to hold on...

Hope.
The amusement of the mind,
The wonder of life.

Hope.
The entanglement that breaks or makes you.

If you're still going to make me fall back to the abyss,
Why save me?
Why show me the light?

The light I could never hold,
The light I could never be,
The light I could never be part of,
The light I could never acquire.

Now, I'm here.
Even more lost in the deepest waters,
Searching,
And searching,
And searching even more.

For what made me stay.


_____________________
Queen Beela (Nabila Abubakar)

Comments